|The new guy working hard!|
Die By The Beer blog welcomes “Kjetil” to the writing team! He’s also been referred to as “Bongo” here on the blog earlier. He has been a part of most of the stories/adventures here, but has not written any of them yet! Kjetil is 31 years old, has great taste in beer, he lives with his girlfriend and plays drums in the Norwegian hard rock outfit Upskirts. Kjetil and me have known each other for a very long time, and other than being beer tourists and band mates we also brew together. So to challenge Kjetil to write for this blog were the natural next step for the “Die By The Beer Blog” and for obtaining a higher XP-level of beer geekiness in general!
|Trust us we're professionals!|
Dear reader, beware this blog does not aim towards being objective and neutral. We are here to make you thirsty and to promote what we think is great beers. We are now two individuals, that’s one more than last year, our tastes differ but we have a common base. So hold on to your hats and get ready, more craft beer adventures are about to happen!
|Homebrew from D.I.Y. Bryggeri!|
We're now also in the second year of this blog, here’s a little taste of things to come before the summer:
- Next article out will be Kjetil’s baptism in beer blogging as he takes on Belgium and Trappist beer!
- We have scheduled an interview and a visit to Lervik Aktiebryggeri to have a chat with Mike Murphy and get some insight on Mike’s view on Craft Beer! Check out Mike's blog: EXPAT Brewer's Blog.
- April 21st: It’s going down in Stavanger at Røde Sjøhus, Øl og Akevittmesse with Berentsen Brygghus, Lervig Aktiebryggeri, Nøgne Ø, Ægir Bryggeri, Aass Bryggeri and Cardinal Pub & Bar, there will also be quality Aquavit, lectures and home brewing agency and suppliers are also coming. Be there!
- The 4th & 5th of May: Haandbryggeriet’s “Haand Øl-Festival 2012”. Not much is known about this festival except these guys are planning to show: Alvinne, De Molen, Närke, Loverbeer, Rulles, Nøgne Ø, Emelisse, Kinn, Struise, Nynäshamn & Haandbryggeriet! Where will you be when this shit goes down?
- May 10th: Sour & Bitter! Awesome beer dinner in Copehagen with spontaneously fermented beer styles like: Lambic, Geuze, Kriek & Framboise. Some really awesome breweries are coming!
- May 11th & 12th: Copenhagen Beer Celebration, it’s sold out! Check the link, this is the beer event of a lifetime!
And to think, once upon a time we used to travel to music festival and drink cheap lukewarm pilsners in the sun…
|It used to look like this, it's dark because we drank the sun away!|