Sunday 27 January 2013

The ABC Brewing Interview


Thursday the 24th of January Stian Krog and Gahr Smith-Gahrsen came to my town to judge the Lervig home brewer competition. When I went to Bergen Beer Festival last year I slept at Stian Krog's apartment so this time he crashed at my place, Stian is the organiser of Bergen Beer Festival. I got curious when I heard he was travelling with Gahr since I know that him and Kim Odland, local dude that goes to the same beer tastings as I sometimes do had started what is Norway’s first Gypsy Brewery. So I send Kim a message on ratebeer and asked if he was planning to meet up with Gahr, the guy he started it with. He said: They were to use this opportunity to do a test batch; to brew an American Stout at Kim's place in Hundvåg Stavanger. So I requested an interview, as it turns out this is the first interview with Norway's first Gypsy brewery. I knew I had a story here...

Next from ABC? Who knows...

Kim lives in a neat little house in the suburban maze that is Hundvåg just outside of downtown Stavanger, with his wife, kids and a Black Cat that he named his phantom brewery after. I'm pretty sure I know what Tyler Durden would say about it if that paints you the picture, but that doesn't matter cause Kim is a good guy who is truly into creating great beer experiences. Before the interview we tried some of Gahr's home brew, and this dude truly is a master of brewing. Clean, smooth and just really great tasting beers, that's what Gahr makes. His Flemish red was nothing less than awesome. He seams such a perfectionist that I think its kind of weird that he can leave anything to someone else’s hands, to chance so to say, out of his own control. Cause that's what you do when someone else is brewing your beer. Gahr is well known for his skills and he also complied the home brew sets that Bryggselv.no sells, and among brewers and beer geeks he is regarded one of the best brewers in Norway, if not the best. Anyways without further introduction here's a 15 minutes video of my interview with ABC Brewing (Andrimne/Black Cat). Norway's first Gypsy Brewery. Welcome to the underground of the beer geek scene...


Enjoy the video, please watch in 720p and full screen!
Don't forget to press "like"...


Find ABC Brewing info at:

Or mail them at:
abcbrewco@gmail.com
To find out how to get some...

Cheers
- Haffy

No comments:

Post a Comment